PDS Approved Verifier Course
Those that have completed their PDS1 Course online via the Hunting Academy may wish to have the skills element of the course assessed. This can be carried out by an Approved Verifier (AV).This course will provide you with the requirements and guidelines to carry out the skills assessment and has been designed to ensure that the assessment process is transparent, consistent and fair.
About the PDS1 Course & Approved Verifier Course
In the interests of fairness, the PDS1 Certificate requires continuity, the PDS1 Approved Verifier course is designed to provide this continuity and details the requirements & guidelines on how the assessment is to be carried out, what are the expectations and role of an Approved Verifier and the requirements for the PDS1 Candidate.
The Requirements of Becoming a PDS1 Approved Verifier
- You should, possess one of the following: A Deer Stalking or Deer Management Qualification PDS2 and/or DSC2. Be a professional deer stalker, or possess a qualification that is deemed equivalent by County Deer Stalking (CDS).
- Complete the PDS1 AV Course via the Hunting Academy.
- Register your details for publishing on a list to be made available to PDS1 candidates.
- Possess a suitable deer calibre rifle equipped with quality optics and a sling, that the candidate can use for the assessment.
- Have legal use of land which is suitable and safe for the purposes of the assessment.
- Have current, suitable liability insurance to at least £5 million
- Be able to demonstrate relevant experience
- Respond to all enquiries from candidates in a timely and polite fashion.
- Understand that to remain an AV you must be responsible for your own continuous development and read any material or amendments forwarded to you by CDS
- Keep CDS up to date with changes to your contact details
- In the interests of integrity, not carry out the assessment of family or relatives
- Agree to administration fee of £10 per annum collected by Direct Debit to remain on the list of approved verifiers. (Chargeable after the first 12 months)
- Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism
If you meet the criteria and would like to become a PDS1 Approved Verifier, please enrol & register now
**Once you have submitted the form and completed the online PDS1 verifier course you will be added to the PDS1 Approved Verifiers list, which will be made available to all PDS1 candidates
NB. Further to the release of the Proficient Deer Stalker Level 2, from July 2023 Approved Verifiers will be invited to witness the practical skills of Level 2 candidates in the field, as part of the Level 2 practical assessment.